Advanced Diploma of Arboriculture (AHC60520)
This programme/course is undertaken in partnership with and under the auspice of the Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) the MTO Group (RTO No: 32493).
ASCED Qualification/Course Field of Education Identifier
Horticulture And Viticulture
Taxonomy – Industry Sector
Taxonomy – Occupation
Senior Consulting Arborist
Scheme: ANZSCO Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Arborist
Scheme: ASCED Qualification/Course Field of Education Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Horticulture And Viticulture
Scheme: Qualification/Course Level of Education Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Advanced Diploma
Scheme: Taxonomy – Industry Sector
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Arboriculture
Scheme: Taxonomy – Occupation
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Senior Consulting Arborist
This qualification describes the skills and knowledge for specialist consulting arborists, senior consulting arborists, and senior tree managers.
It applies to individuals who apply advanced and paraprofessional knowledge and skills to manage trees in the context of society and infrastructure, including:
- Integration of design, planning and tree diagnostics.
- Urban forest performance and operational management
- Development of strategies and policy for arboriculture within a legislative and regulatory framework.
Prior to commencing the qualification, an individual must have:
- A diploma of arboriculture or
- A diploma or higher qualification in a field related to arboriculture plus 2 years current work experience as a consulting arborist or a municipal tree manager.
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
- 10 units of competency:
- 4 core units plus
- 6 elective units.
Elective units must ensure the integrity of the qualification’s Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome. The electives are to be chosen as follows:
- Up to 4 units selected from electives listed below.
- Up to 2 units may be selected from electives listed below or this or any other endorsed training package or accredited course.
No more than 3 of the 6 electives selected can be coded with an AQF indicator below level 6 or reflect outcomes below AQF level 6.
- AHCARB608 Interpret diagnostic test results.
- AHCARB609 Measure and improve the performance of urban forests.
- AHCARB610 Provide consultation in a legal framework.
- AHCARB611 Develop an operational tree management plan.
Elective Units (6 additional units are required)
- AHCARB612 Review and develop strategic tree policy.
- AHCPCM601 Develop and implement a plant health management strategy.
- AHCWRK603 Design and conduct a field-based research trial.
- BSBCOM602 Develop and create compliance requirements.
- BSBMGT616 Develop and implement strategic plans.
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan.
- FWPCOT6204 Use carbon accounting to estimate emissions.
- FWPFGM6203 Manage sustainable tree inventory.
This program can be delivered in the following methodologies:
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If you have a history of work in the Horticulture industry, we may be able to give you RPL for the skills and knowledge you already have. If you believe this might be the case, please contact us and we will send you further information on the RPL process.
If you currently hold AQF qualifications, please let us know of this. It may be possible to cross credit some units towards your Diploma in Horticulture.
Face to face delivery
These programs typically run for 6 to 10 days dependent on class numbers, trainee’s English language skills and previous experience.
There is also assignment work to be completed in the evenings and after the course.
A minimum of six trainees is required to run such a program.
Self-paced distance learning
The trainee completes the program on a unit by unit basis as follows:
Learning and assessment materials for an individual unit of competency is emailed to the trainee. The trainee then completes the assessment/assignment and returns them to us. The assessment is marked and feedback is supplied.
Once completed the next set of materials are sent and the cycle start over again.
Blended delivery with face to face and distance learning
As the name suggests we can offer a program that is a blend of both face to face and self-pace distance learning.