Advanced Diploma of Forest Industry Sustainability (FWP60116)
This programme/course is undertaken in partnership with and under the auspice of the Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) the MTO Group (RTO No: 32493).
ASCED Qualification/Course Field of Education Identifier
Taxonomy – Industry Sector
Forests and Forest Products,Forest Growing, Management and Harvesting
Taxonomy – Occupation
Forest Sustainability Manager,Forestry Manager,Sustainable Resources Officer
Scheme: ANZSCO Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Forester
Scheme: ASCED Qualification/Course Field of Education Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Forestry Studies
Scheme: Qualification/Course Level of Education Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Advanced Diploma
Scheme: Taxonomy – Industry Sector
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Forests and Forest Products,Forest Growing, Management and Harvesting
Scheme: Taxonomy – Occupation
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Forest Sustainability Manager,Forestry Manager,Sustainable Resources Officer
This Advanced Diploma demonstrates our industry’s commitment to sustainability by:
Ensuring participants skills are up to date and adhere to best practice guidelines. Providing formal assessment of these skills to a nationally recognised qualification
Increasing our industry’s ability to demonstrate it leads the way in sustainable work practices and techniques
- The Advanced Diploma has been developed in response to industry needs and is specifically designed to develop the next generation of forestry managers and leaders.
- The qualification covers all aspects of sustainability from compliance, chain of custody and carbon accounting requirements to managing organisational change and establishing sustainable strategic directions.
- Participants may complete the entire Advanced Diploma, or they may choose to study individual units or skill sets that meet specific enterprise requirements.
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.
To be awarded the FWP60116 Advanced Diploma of Forest Industry Sustainability, competency must be achieved in:
- 10 units of competency:
- 2 core units compentency
- 8 elective units of competency.
- FWPCOR6201 Manage sustainability in the workplace
- FWPCOR6202 Implement practices to maximise value from wood residues
Elective Units (8 required)
- FWPCOT5201 Implement sustainable forestry practices
- FWPCOT5207 Implement sustainability in the workplace
- FWPCOT5209 Manage tree harvesting to minimise environmental impact
- FWPCOT6204 Use carbon accounting to estimate emissions
- FWPCOT6207 Develop forest management systems and processes
- FWPFGM5217 Promote plantations as a sustainable form of land use
- FWPCOT8101 Lead forest and wood products industry innovative thinking and practice
- FWPCOT5208 Build and maintain community relationships
This program can be delivered in the following methodologies:
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If you have a history of work in the demolition or building industry, we may be able to give you RPL for the skills and knowledge you already have. If you believe this might be the case, please contact us and we will send you further information on the RPL process.
If you currently hold AQF qualifications please let us know of this. It may be possible to cross credit some units towards your Certificate III in Demolition.
Face to face delivery
These programs typically run for 5 to 8 days dependent on class numbers, trainees’ English language skills and previous experience.
There is also assignment work to be completed in the evenings and after the course.
A minimum of six trainees is required to run such a program.
Self-paced distance learning
The trainee completes the program on a unit-by-unit basis as follows:
Learning and assessment materials for an individual unit of competency is e-mailed to the trainee. The trainee then completes the assessment/assignment and returns them to us. The assessment is marked and feedback is supplied.
Once completed the next set of materials are sent and the cycle start over again.
Blended delivery with face to face and distance learning
As the name suggests we can offer a program that is a blend of both face to face and self-pace distance learning.