Advanced First Aid Course
This advanced first aid course enables you to gain confidence and the ability to assess and manage emergencies with multiple patients with multiple injuries and medical conditions such as fractures, bleeding, burns, shock, stroke, heart attack, asthma, seizure, diabetes, allergy attacks, and others.
The course covers a wide range of topics, from how to deal with major injuries to administering CPR. It also includes information on how to manage a crisis situation and provide first aid when help is not immediately available. The course is taught by experienced professionals who will help you learn the skills you need to stay safe and minimise harm in any emergency situation.
Successful Learners Will Receive
- NZQA Unit Standard 6401, Level 2, Credit 1 – Provide first aid
- NZQA Unit Standard 6402, Level 1, Credit 1 – Basic life support
- NZQA Unit Standard 6400, Level 3, Credits 2 – Manage first aid in an emergency situation
Who Should Attend
This first aid training course is ideal for:
- Emergency team leaders
- Personnel in customer or public-facing roles such as lifeguards, police, firefighters
- High risk workplace safety officers
- Those assigned to be trained as first aiders in the workplace
- Those who need WHS compliant training
An advanced first aid course will usually cover a range of topics, from how to deal with major injuries to administering CPR, to manage a crisis situation and provide first aid when help is not immediately available. It will also include information on how to properly manage several patients and their injuries at a time.
Aside from the unit standards covered in the basic course, the advanced course will also equip you with the ability to manage first aid in an emergency situation involving a minimum of two people, which makes it ideal for team leaders or providers who often face emergencies due to their occupation or hobbies.
- Head injuries
- Suspected spinal injuries
- Major burns
- Major wounds
- Severe allergic reactions
- Hypothermia or hyperthermia