Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety
This qualification applies to individuals working in a workplace health and safety role who provide a broad range of technical knowledge and skills, and have some limited responsibility for the output of others.
The qualification applies to those working as supervisors, health and safety personnel, and workers in other H&S-related roles who manage risks effectively, apply relevant health and safety laws, and contribute to health and safety within the workplace in known or changing contexts with established parameters.
Total number of units = 10
- 5 core units plus
- 5 elective units, of which: 3 units must be from Group A below and the remaining 2 units may be selected as follows:
- both may be selected from Group A, Group B or any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course at the same Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) level
- 1 may be selected from a Certificate III or Diploma, from any currently endorsed Training Package qualification or accredited course.
Elective units must be relevant to the work environment and the qualification, maintain the integrity of the AQF alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome.
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
- BSBRES411 Analyse and present research information
- BSBWHS417 Assist with managing WHS implications of return to work
- BSBWHS418 Assist with managing WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBWHS419 Contribute to implementing WHS monitoring processes
- BSBWHS431 Develop processes and procedures for controlling hazardous chemicals in the workplace
- BSBWRT401 Write complex documents
- BSBCMM401 Make a presentation
- BSBINN301 Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
- BSBMGT403 Implement continuous improvement
- BSBPMG409 Apply project scope management techniques
- BSBSUS401 Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- PUACOM008 Develop and organise public safety awareness programs
- PUAWHS003 Implement and monitor organisational work, health and safety policies, procedures and programs
- RIIWHS403D Apply the mine work health and safety management plan
- TAEASS301 Contribute to assessment
- TAEDEL301 Provide work skill instruction
(Delivered in partnership with Tectra Australia Pty Ltd – RTO: 40889)