Class A Asbestos Removal Course (Friable Asbestos Removal)
NZQA Unit Standard 29766
This Friable Asbestos (Class A) Removal course covers NZQA Unit Standard 29766.
Class A Asbestos Removal Course Overview
Who should attend this friable asbestos removal training course?
- Individuals who wish to apply for a Class A asbestos removal licence
- Individuals who wish to undertake Class A asbestos removal work
- Individuals planning to eventually apply to become a licenced asbestos supervisor
Topics covered in this asbestos class A training
WorkSafe New Zealand recognises this Friable Asbestos (Class A) Unit Standard 29766. People credited with this unit standard are able to:
- Prepare for friable asbestos removal
- Prepare asbestos removal area and removal site
- Isolate removal site
- Carry out friable asbestos removal process
- Carry out decontamination process
- Clean up work site
- Contribute to and use documentation in line with New Zealand regulatory requirements
Workplace practices for asbestos removal must meet obligations required under current law including but not limited to: Health and Safety at Work Act 2015, Health and Safety at Work (Asbestos) Regulations 2016, WorkSafe New Zealand Approved Code of Practice for the Management and Removal of Asbestos, and any subsequent amendments and replacements.
OTHER ASBESTOS COURSES AVAILABLE
Conduct Asbestos Assessment
You may also be interested in...
Cost $125 + GST per person Duration 4 hours (1/2 day) Purpose This introductory course will help individuals in the identification of asbestos and provide them with safe handling instructions
Asbestos Training Courses Asbestos is an extremely dangerous material that can present potential health and safety hazards to those who work around it. Contact us to enquire about our asbestos
NZQA Unit Standard 29767 Cost $625 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Unit Standard 29767 – Supervise asbestos removal Purpose Understanding and meeting the requirements for supervising
NZQA Unit Standard 29765 Cost $475 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Unit Standard 29765 – Remove non-friable asbestos Purpose This course is required for workers who