Diploma of Arboriculture (AHC50520)
This programme/course is undertaken in partnership with and under the auspice of the Australian Registered Training Organisation (RTO) the MTO Group (RTO No: 32493).
ASCED Qualification/Course Field of Education Identifier
Horticulture And Viticulture
Taxonomy – Industry Sector
Taxonomy – Occupation
Scheme: ANZSCO Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Arborist
Scheme: ASCED Qualification/Course Field of Education Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Horticulture And Viticulture
Scheme: Qualification/Course Level of Education Identifier
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Diploma
Scheme: Taxonomy – Industry Sector
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Arboriculture
Scheme: Taxonomy – Occupation
CLASSIFICATION VALUE: Consulting Arborist
This qualification describes the skills and knowledge required for consulting arborists and tree managers.
Graduates with this qualification assess trees and produce reports and documentation attesting to the health and risks related to trees. They diagnose tree disorders and defects, document and communicate recommendations for tree establishment, canopy management, tree remediation, environmental and habitat development and tree removals, within a legislative and regulatory framework.
Legislation, regulations and by-laws relating to the establishment, treatment and removal of trees apply in some States and Territories.
To commence this qualification an individual must have achieved the following units of competency or their equivalent:
- AHCARB314 Implement a tree maintenance program.
- AHCARB316 Perform pruning operations.
- AHCARB323 Identify trees.
To achieve this qualification, competency must be demonstrated in:
- 10 units of competency:
- 8 core units plus
- 2 elective units.
Elective units must ensure the integrity of the qualification’s Australian Qualification Framework (AQF) alignment and contribute to a valid, industry-supported vocational outcome. The electives are to be chosen as follows:
- At least one unit from the elective list
- One additional unit may be selected from the elective list, or from this or any other endorsed training package or accredited course that reflect outcomes at AQF level 4 or above.
- AHCARB408 Perform a ground-based tree defect evaluation.
- AHCARB508 Identify, select and specify trees.
- AHCARB509 Develop an arboricultural impact assessment report.
- AHCARB510 Specify and audit tree work.
- AHCARB511 Prepare arborist reports.
- AHCARB513 Examine and assess trees.
- AHCARB514 Diagnose tree diseases.
- AHCWRK508 Interpret legislation
Elective Units (2 additional units are required)
- AHCBUS515 Prepare estimates, quotes and tenders.
- BSBITU404 Produce complex desktop published documents.
- BSBMGT617 Develop and implement a business plan.
- AHCWRK511 Develop workplace policy and procedures for sustainability.
This program can be delivered in the following methodologies:
Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
If you have a history of work in the demolition or building industry, we may be able to give you RPL for the skills and knowledge you already have. If you believe this might be the case, please contact us and we will send you further information on the RPL process.
If you currently hold AQF qualifications please let us know of this. It may be possible to cross credit some units towards your Certificate III in Demolition.
Face to face delivery
These programs typically run for 5 to 8 days dependent on class numbers, trainees’ English language skills and previous experience.
There is also assignment work to be completed in the evenings and after the course.
A minimum of six trainees is required to run such a program.
Self-paced distance learning
The trainee completes the program on a unit-by-unit basis as follows:
Learning and assessment materials for an individual unit of competency is e-mailed to the trainee. The trainee then completes the assessment/assignment and returns them to us. The assessment is marked and feedback is supplied.
Once completed the next set of materials are sent and the cycle start over again.
Blended delivery with face to face and distance learning
As the name suggests we can offer a program that is a blend of both face to face and self-pace distance learning.