Fire and Emergency Warden Training
NZQA Unit Standard 18408
This course covers basic office fire safety, the duties of fire wardens prior to a fire emergency and during a fire evacuation, how to assist and evacuate people using the correct procedures, and identifying different types of emergencies.
This course will help you understand fire and emergency warden duties in the workplace. You’ll learn how to maintain a safe, well-managed workforce in the unlikely event of a fire or a similar emergency. Participants will be subjected to hands-on training scenarios conducted by our certified instructors.
Who Should Attend
A fire warden in a workplace or work site.
- NZQA Unit Standard 18408 – Demonstrate knowledge of fire and emergency warden duties in the workplace
Demonstrating knowledge of evacuation requirements for a particular workplace or site.
- Meeting evacuation requirements pertaining to the identified workplace or site according to legislative requirements
- Identifying and confirming evacuation procedures according to organisational requirements
Explaining the duties of a fire and emergency warden.
- Outlining the roles and responsibilities of the warden during staged evacuation and total evacuation
- Identifying factors pertaining to safe evacuation including timing, attending to disabled persons, reporting, etc.
- Identifying resources required to ensure safe evacuation such as signs and radios
- Establishing the requirements and procedures to pre-warn other parties involved in emergency operations
You may also be interested in...
Course Catalogue Our various training courses will enable you to increase your knowledge and value in the New Zealand workplace. Jobseekers on the other hand will find that our classes
NZQA Unit Standards 23960, 23962, & 23966 Cost $450 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Unit Standards 23960 23962 23966 Purpose To demonstrate a solid understanding of
NZQA Unit Standard 15757, 17600, & 23229 Cost $400 + GST per person Duration 12 hours (1.5 days) Unit Standards 15757 17600 23229 Purpose To explain the legislative requirements and
NZQA Unit Standards 18426, 17599, & 25510 Cost $400 + GST per person Duration 12 hours (1.5 days) Unit Standards 18426 17599 25510 Purpose To demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated
Workplace Drug & Alcohol Screening Training NZQA Unit Standards 25458 & 25511 Cost $500 + GST per person Duration 4 hours Unit Standards 25458 25511 Purpose To demonstrate knowledge and