Foundation Tender/Bid Preparation Training
How to Win Contracts and Increase Your Win Rate
One Day Tender Strategy Training
This training is for organisations that submit quotes, proposals, and tenders. It will cover all aspects of the tendering process, from start to finish. Topics covered will be the introduction to tenders, the 3 P’s (Positioning, Planning, and Preparing), Writing, Structure, Content, Weightings, Reviewing, Submitting, and lessons learnt.
Contents of the Training
- Introduction to Quotes, Proposals, Bids and Tenders
- Understanding the 3 P’s
- Positioning – how to position yourself with the client
- Planning – what planning can you do prior to the RFT
- Preparing – how do you manage the tender process
- Structure – how do you plan what to write
- Tender Content – what should you include in the submission
- Weightings and Evaluations – how to maximise your score and win rate
- Reviews – using the IPM© review method to limit re-writes of your submission
- Submitting a Tender – how to reduce the stress and rush at the end
- Lessons Learnt – discover what you have learnt and the value of feedback
- Presentations – do I need to do a presentation to the client?
Facilitator: Julie Raine
Fellow EngNZ, BEng (Hons) CEng FAPMP MIVMA
Procurement & Tender Specialist, Advisor & Facilitator
Julie has worked for local authorities writing Requests for Tenders (RFTs) and evaluating tender submissions and presentations. She has also spent many years responding to RFTs and producing compelling tender submissions. Julie understands the tender process from both sides of the fence and knows what makes a winning submission. Over a 5 years period she has won over billions worth of contracts for her clients.
Julie Raine is a Fellow EngNZ, Civil Engineer, with over 30 years of experience working in the engineering, infrastructure and construction industry. She is the Auckland representative for the Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP). Her tender work covers ALL types of industries as the process of delivering a winning tender is the same regardless of what industry you work in.
Julie is an inspiration to work with and is recognised as:
- New Zealand Brightstar Emerging Speaker of the Year 2019
- One of New Zealand’s Top 50 Women of Achievement 2016 and:
- Westpac Women of Influence Finalist for Diversity 2016