Develop and Implement a Hazard Management System for a Selected Business Operation
NZQA Unit Standard 5616
Hazard management is a critical component of any health and safety program. If you want to reduce the risk of accidents in the workplace, you need to train your people in developing and implementing a hazard management system.
This unit standard will provide you with the knowledge and skills to develop and implement a hazard identification system, assess hazards and risks, develop and implement hazard controls, describe systems for monitoring hazards, and monitor a hazard management system.
You’ll be able to identify hazards in your workplace or business operation; take steps to control those hazards; know how to monitor your efforts; understand the importance of identifying potential hazards before they become problems.
Implementing a hazard management system is the best way to keep your employees safe while they work on site or off site. If you’re interested in making sure that you have the capacity to implement one in your company, then get in touch.
People credited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Describe a hazard management system
- Develop and implement a hazard management identification programme
- Assess hazards and risks
- Develop and implement hazard controls
- Describe systems for monitoring hazards
- Monitor a hazard management system
NZQA Unit Standard covered:
- NZQA Unit Standard 5616, Level 4, Credits 10 – Develop and implement a hazard management system for a selected business operation