Health and Safety Committee Course
This course aims to help equip health and safety committee members with the knowledge and skills to effectively perform their role. Because they play an active part in the continuous improvement of health and safety within their organisation, they are expected to plan and implement best practices regarding workplace H&S.
Who Should Attend
Anyone appointed to or dealing with a workplace health and safety committee including new and existing members, subject matter experts, etc.
- Describing the benefits of work representation in terms of health and safety in the workplace
- Explaining the functions and purpose of a health and safety committee in terms of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA)
- Explaining when a PCBU must consider establishing a health and safety committee in terms of the HSWA
- Explaining the obligations of a PCBU to the health and safety committee in terms of the HSWA
- Describing the meeting frequency requirements of the health and safety committee in terms of the HSWA
- Describe the process for reviewing and preparing for a health and safety committee meeting and investigation the issues to be discussed in terms of organisational requirements
- Describe the process for escalating and following up on issues to be actioned in accordance with organisational requirements
- Participate in a health and safety committee for an organisation with evidence of participation in three meetings