Health and Safety Representative Course
Health and Safety Representative Course Overview
This introductory course explores the roles and obligations of a health and safety representative as defined by the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA). Participants in this course are expected to have at least a basic understanding of the HSWA.
Who should attend this health and safety course?
Topics covered in this H and S course
At the end of the training, a participant will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communication with workers and management
- Describe the purpose, procedures and obligations applicable to a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) Describe the rights and process for ceasing unsafe work
You may also be interested in...
Course Catalogue Our various training courses will enable you to increase your knowledge and value in the New Zealand workplace. Jobseekers on the other hand will find that our classes
Occupational Health & Safety Qualifications and Training Our health and safety courses cover everything from basic worksite safety, to proper handling of site-specific tools and advanced equipment. Book Now Certificate