Health and Safety Representative Course
Health and Safety Representative Course Overview
This introductory course explores the roles and obligations of a health and safety representative as defined by the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA). Participants in this course are expected to have at least a basic understanding of the HSWA.
Who should attend this health and safety course?
Topics covered in this H and S course
At the end of the training, a participant will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communication with workers and management
- Describe the purpose, procedures and obligations applicable to a Provisional Improvement Notice (PIN) Describe the rights and process for ceasing unsafe work