Develop a Healthy and Safe Working Culture for a Team Within an Organisation
NZQA Unit Standard 30269
Do you want to create a healthy and safe working culture for your team?
This course covering NZQA Unit Standard 30269 is designed to help organisations develop a healthy and safe working culture. It covers the key elements of health, safety, wellbeing, and risk management in a workplace setting. This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills needed to manage these areas within your organisation.
You’ll learn how to identify hazards in the workplace, assess risks associated with them, implement controls that reduce or eliminate those risks as well as plan for emergencies. You’ll also be able to recognise when an employee may be at risk of developing a stress-related illness. And finally, you’ll have access to resources that can help employees who are experiencing difficulties at work due either directly or indirectly from their job duties.
People credited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Describe the impact of work-related ill health and injury
- Apply leadership skills to enable a team to achieve health and safety outcomes and contribute to the organisation’s health and safety objectives
- Apply communication techniques to enhance relationships with management, team members and others to achieve health and safety outcomes for an organisation
- Develop a workplace culture that values positive health and safety behaviours, in accordance with organisational requirements
- Demonstrate health and safety leadership behaviour that is professional, ethical, and socially and culturally appropriate, in accordance with organisational requirements
- Demonstrate capability to adapt health and safety leadership style to suit the organisation’s different environments, in accordance with organisation requirements
NZQA Unit Standard covered:
- NZQA Unit Standard 30269, Level 4, Credits 4 – Develop a healthy and safe working culture for a team within an organisation