Mobile Elevating Work Platforms (MEWP) Training
MEWP Course Overview
In this course, participants will be able to gain a solid understanding of how they can identify hazards and safe use of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWP) including scissor lifts and self-propelled boom lift.
Who should attend our MEWP training classes?
Staff members who need to meet the requirement of mobile elevating work platform training in accordance with the MEWP Code of Practice.
Topics covered in the mobile elevated work platform (MEWP) course
This elevated work platform (EWP) or mobile elevating work platform (MEWP) training covers the following:
- Types of EWPs, their suitability for purpose and safety features
- Legislative requirements in relation to Code of Practice and the use of EWPs
Upon completing the theoretical EWP training (NZQA Unit Standard 23966), participants will continue to learn about scissor lifts (NZQA Unit Standard 23960) and boom lifts (NZQA Unit Standard 23962) which is required for all succeeding EWP modules, namely truck-mounted lift (NZQA Unit Standard 23961), trailer-mounted lift (NZQA Unit Standard 23963), and vertical lift (NZQA Unit Standard 23964).
People who complete this course are expected to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of types of EWPs, their suitability for purpose, and safety features (range: scissor lift, truck mounted, self-propelled boom lift, trailer mounted, vertical lift)
- Demonstrate knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to Code of Practice and the use of EWPs
- Operate an Elevated Work Platform (EWP) within following the manufacturer’s recommendations and within the machine’s intended specifications, in accordance with industry requirements
- Assess the worksite, and prepare to use a scissor lift or self-propelled boom lift EWP
- Carry out operations in a workplace environment, report faults and damage, and shut down the scissor lift or self-propelled boom lift EWP
A professionally trained instructor will deliver the training to participants.
There are no upcoming classes at this time.
You may also be interested in...
Course Catalogue Our various training courses will enable you to increase your knowledge and value in the New Zealand workplace. Jobseekers on the other hand will find that our classes
Cost $400 + GST (including F endorsement)$160 + GST (OSH only) Duration 8 hours (1 day) Purpose To produce operators who can operate forklifts safely, legally, and efficiently. Course Overview
WTR Endorsement – Wheels, Tracks, and Rollers Course NZQA Unit Standards 16701, 16702, 16703 Cost $350 + GST per person Duration 4 hours (1/2 day) Purpose To provide the trainee
Cost $200 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Purpose To plan for and lift, move, and place loads using mobile plant in an infrastructure works environment Course