New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Level 3
Dr. Achyut Aryal, Pro+Med (NZ) health and safety instructor, will deliver this training. Learners are enrolled with Pro+Med and Pro+Med reports the student’s credits to NZQA.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand workplaces with people who have the foundation health and safety skills and knowledge to meet workplace health and safety requirements.
Graduates will have enhanced knowledge of the health and safety requirements and responsibilities associated with their place of employment and will be able to contribute effectively to the wider community. Graduates may also be able to apply these skills under limited supervision in roles across a wide range of fields.
This qualification is intended for people who are intending to work or working within a New Zealand workplace.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of legislative requirements, and workplace health and safety practices to the general workplace environment
- Apply the requirements for workplace health and safety communication to a job role
- Apply the principles of health and safety risk assessment to a job role
- Demonstrate awareness of the benefits of good workplace health and safety practices on themselves, their families, their place of work and wider community.
This qualification can serve as an entry point into a career-specific to workplace health and safety and may also provide an entry point into further study and other occupations or sectors.
This qualification leads to New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Practice (Level 4).
The programme is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) under section 249 of the Education Act 1989, and Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd is accredited to provide it under section 250 of the Act.
NZQA Unit Standards covered:
- 30264 – Describe duties, rights, representation and the regulator in terms of New Zealand health and safety legislation
- 18408 – Demonstrate knowledge of fire and emergency warden duties in the workplace
- 30433 – Describe the role and function of a health and safety committee in a New Zealand workplace
- 17591 – Demonstrate knowledge of the prevention and management of Discomfort, Pain and Injury (DPI) in the workplace
- 17586 – Demonstrate knowledge of electrical safety in the workplace
- 17594 – Demonstrate knowledge of hearing conservation in the workplace
- 17459 – Demonstrate and apply knowledge of safe manual handling practices in the workplace
- 30266 – Demonstrate knowledge of workplace health and safety culture and practices
- 30265 – Apply health and safety risk assessment to a job role
- 6400 – Manage first aid in an emergency situation