New Zealand Certificate in Workplace Health and Safety Level 4
A Pro+Med (NZ) approved health and safety instructor from CCTA will deliver this training. Learners are enrolled with Pro+Med and Pro+Med reports the student’s credits to NZQA.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide New Zealand workplaces with people who have the foundation health and safety skills and knowledge to meet workplace health and safety requirements.
Graduates will have enhanced knowledge of the health and safety requirements and responsibilities associated with their place of employment and will be able to contribute effectively to the wider community. Graduates may also be able to apply these skills under limited supervision in roles across a wide range of fields.
This qualification is intended for people who are intending to work or working within a New Zealand workplace.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Implement, supervise, monitor, and communicate organisational and job-specific health and safety requirements and practices, for a team in the workplace.
- Utilise leadership skills to promote the benefits of good workplace health and safety practices and a proactive health and safety culture within a team.
- Apply knowledge of health and safety risk analyses and mitigation strategies for a team in the workplace.
- Recognise the impact of work-related ill health and injuries on a specific business operation and the wider industry.
The programme is approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) under section 249 of the Education Act 1989, and Pro+Med (NZ) Ltd is accredited to provide it under section 250 of the Act.
NZQA Unit Standards covered:
- 19521 – Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 (HSWA)
- 30270 – Develop and implement a health and safety plan for a team
- 15189 – Implement a health and safety plan for a workplace
- 5619 – Conduct an occupational health and safety management systems audit for a selected business operation
- 30271 – Determine and co-ordinate health and safety training requirements for a team
- 5616 – Develop and implement a hazard management system for a selected business operation
- 30268 – Monitor the health and safety performance of a team within an organisation
- 30267 – Apply health and safety risk assessment to the supervision of a team
- 30269 – Develop a healthy and safe working culture for a team within an organisation