Apply Health and Safety Risk Assessment to the Supervision of a Team
NZQA Unit Standard 30267
If you supervise a team in the workplace, as the supervisor, it is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your team are safe and healthy. You can do this by implementing health and safety risk assessment into your daily routine. This will help you identify any potential risks in the workplace so they can be addressed before anything bad happens.
Implementing health and safety risk assessment into your day-to-day routine will not only keep everyone on your team safe but also make them feel more secured and comfortable when working.
This unit standard will provide the knowledge and skills required to apply health and safety risk assessment in the supervision of a team. It is designed for those who have responsibility for supervising others, including managers, supervisors and team leaders.
It will provide you with an understanding of how to assess risks from hazards that may affect workers in their work environment. It includes hazard identification, risk assessment and management principles as well as practical guidance on how these can be applied in the workplace. The unit also covers legislation relevant to this area of work, such as HSWA 2015.
People credited with this unit standard will be able to:
- Identify and analyse the relevant health and safety risks that exist
- Apply reasonably practicable controls to manage the identified risks
- Monitor the relevant risks and administered controls
- Review the relevant risks and administered controls to ensure health and safety outcomes are met
NZQA Unit Standard covered:
- NZQA Unit Standard 30267, Level 4, Credits 5 – Apply health and safety risk assessment to the supervision of a team