Roles of the Health & Safety Representative
A Pro+Med (NZ) approved health and safety instructor from CCTA will deliver this training. Learners are enrolled with Pro+Med and Pro+Med reports the student’s credits to NZQA.
The purpose of this standard is for representatives to explain and demonstrate the overall role and functions of a Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace.
Representatives awarded with this standard will be able to:
- Explain the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative under the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and its Regulations
- Explain the role of a Health and Safety Representative as an advocate for workers
- Identify the obligations of a PCBU and WorkSafe New Zealand towards the Health and Safety Representative
- Describe the risk management process and the importance of communicating with workers and management
- Describe and demonstrate the powers and obligations that a health and safety representative has in terms of issuing a provisional improvement notice (PIN) and how and when to direct a worker to cease unsafe work
NZQA Unit Standards covered:
- NZQA Unit Standard 29315, Level 3, Credits 2 – Describe the role and functions of the Health and Safety Representative in a New Zealand workplace