Working at Heights
NZQA Unit Standard 15757, 17600, & 23229
Learning to use a safety harness system when working at heights can ensure a safe climb.
Who Should Attend
- NZQA Unit Standard 15757 – Use, install and disestablish temporary proprietary height safety systems when working at height
- NZQA Unit Standard 17600 – Explain safe work practices for working at heights
- NZQA Unit Standard 23229 – Use a safety harness system when working at heights [Level 3, Credits 4]
Explaining the legislative requirements associated with working at heights.
- Those stated in the HSW Act and its subsequent amendments are explained in terms of fall arrest, height work, and associated safety activities
- Those connected with standards and codes of practice explained in terms of fall arrest, height work, and associated safety activities
- Identify hazard factors in terms of each type of height work and type of fall
arrest system to identify the controls required for health and safety compliance
You may also be interested in...
Course Catalogue Our various training courses will enable you to increase your knowledge and value in the New Zealand workplace. Jobseekers on the other hand will find that our classes
NZQA Unit Standards 23960, 23962, & 23966 Cost $450 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Unit Standards 23960 23962 23966 Purpose To demonstrate a solid understanding of
NZQA Unit Standards 18426, 17599, & 25510 Cost $400 + GST per person Duration 12 hours (1.5 days) Unit Standards 18426 17599 25510 Purpose To demonstrate knowledge of hazards associated
NZQA Unit Standard 18408 Cost $450 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Unit Standard 18408 – Demonstrate knowledge of fire and emergency warden duties in the workplace
Workplace Drug & Alcohol Screening Training NZQA Unit Standards 25458 & 25511 Cost $500 + GST per person Duration 4 hours Unit Standards 25458 25511 Purpose To demonstrate knowledge and