WTR Endorsement - Wheels, Tracks, and Rollers Course
WTR Course Overview
If you plan to drive a special-type vehicle on the road that is not a forklift, you will need a wheels, tracks, or rollers (W, T, or R) endorsement on your driver licence. In addition to this, you must also hold the full class of licence appropriate for the type of vehicle you want to operate.
Before getting your WTR training
To participate, you must be a holder of a full New Zealand Class 1 (car) licence. You must also be able to prove that your eyesight is up to standard, through either an eyesight screening check at a driver licensing agent or by presenting a satisfactory medical certificate that is no more than 60 days old.
Separate endorsements apply for Wheels (W), Tracks (T), and Rollers (R).
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for endorsement W (wheels) – NZQA Unit standard 16701
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for endorsement R (rollers) – NZQA Unit standard 16702
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills for driving on a road for endorsement T (tracks) – NZQA Unit standard 16703
Benefits of a WTR endorsement or licence
People credited with these unit standards are able to:
- Describe a special-type wheeled, tracked, or roller vehicle and the legal requirements relating to driving the vehicle on the road
- Describe driving procedures and general considerations for driving a special-type wheeled, tracked, or roller vehicle safely on a road
- Demonstrate procedures for driving a special-type vehicle safely on the road
You may also be interested in...
Course Catalogue Our various training courses will enable you to increase your knowledge and value in the New Zealand workplace. Jobseekers on the other hand will find that our classes
Cost $400 + GST (including F endorsement)$160 + GST (OSH only) Duration 8 hours (1 day) Purpose To produce operators who can operate forklifts safely, legally, and efficiently. Course Overview
NZQA Unit Standards 23966, 23960, 23962 Cost $350 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Purpose To demonstrate a solid understanding of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) and
Cost $200 + GST per person Duration 8 hours (1 day) Purpose To plan for and lift, move, and place loads using mobile plant in an infrastructure works environment Course
We offer the most affordable WTR course to help you get a WTR endorsement on your driver's licence.